The Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) celebrate the achievements of top spatial information enterprises and individuals, and showcase the finest projects and most significant performance of professionals that the surveying and spatial industry has to offer. Projects and individuals attaining recognition at this premier series of events are deemed to be truly outstanding achievers in their field.
The regional APSEAs provide a stepping stone for organisations and individuals to be nominated in the Oceanic Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards – the only awards for the Asia Pacific region that recognise the excellent achievements of both individuals and organisations engaged in the surveying and spatial information industry in this region at a single event.
The awards are a long-standing premier event in our calendar and previous years have seen an excellent standard of competition, with a diverse range of individuals and small, medium and large private, public and academic sector organisations vying for these prestigious awards. Supported by the four pillars of our industry – academia, government, research, and the private sector, our awards are an opportunity to celebrate our rising stars.
2020 Spatial Excellence Awards
The 2020 season is now complete! Thanks to everyone who contributed. Visit the APSEA website and SSSI's social media pages (LinkedIn and Facebook) for all the winners details.
Individual Award categories
- Professional of the Year Open to SSSI & S+SNZ members only
- Young Professional of the Year Open to SSSI & S+SNZ members only
- Women's Leadership Award
- Educational Development Award
- Postgraduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Student Award
- Vocational Education Training (VET) Award
- Special Achievement Award Regional Award only
Industry Award categories
- Award for Spatial Enablement
- Award for Innovation and Commercialisation
- Award for Technical Excellence
- Award for People and Community
- Award for Environment and Sustainability