eCPD - Searching for documentary evidence and search for physical evidence
Date & Time
Thursday, 17 Feb 2022
- 1:00 pm
This webinar was presented live on Monday 17 August 2020.
The Queensland Land Surveying Commission Committee is pleased to offer a series of webinars with the primary purpose of assisting surveyors seeking renewal and registration requirements with the Surveyors' Board of Queensland. The list of topics has been identified in cooperation with the Board to address areas of the competency framework that often possess greater challenge applicants and surveyors demonstrating competency.
Who will benefit from attending these webinars:
- Graduates seeking progression to Surveyor Registration with SBQ.
- Registered surveyors progressing to Cadastral Endorsement with SBQ.
- Registered Surveyors who wish to refresh skills and competency in common problem areas for Registered Surveyors.
- Registered Surveyors to support a CER for registration Renewal.
There are two series running concurrently, with one webinar per month from each: the Cadastral Endorsement Competency Framework Series and Registered Surveyor Competency Framework Series.
The search for cadastral information and physical evidence is the most important and often most difficult part of any survey. “You can do a bad survey with a good search, but you can’t do a good survey with a bad search”. Recently discovered issues have highlighted that these tasks are often not completed to a professional standard.
This webinar provides practical tips and techniques to add to your cadastral toolkit. The talk was presented by a practising field cadastral surveyor, Dale Atkinson, chair of the Queensland Land Surveying Commission Committee and owner of Atkinson Surveys in Townsville.
By registering below, you receive the link to the recording to watch at your leisure.
- SSSI: One CPD point
- BOSSI: One survey practice point for viewing plus achievement of 80% passmark on questionnaire or 0.5 pts for viewing only (Code: SSSINSW1014)
Katie Le Miere
National Events Manager