eCPD - Legislation: An Insight for Surveyors
Date & Time
Tuesday, 8 Mar 2022
- 1:00 pm
This is a recording of a live webinar held on 8 September 2020.
The Queensland Land Surveying Commission (QLSC) Committee is pleased to offer a series of webinars with the primary purpose of assisting surveyors seeking renewal and registration requirements with the Surveyors' Board of Queensland. The list of topics has been identified in cooperation with the Board to address areas of the competency framework that often possess greater challenge applicants and surveyors demonstrating competency.
Who will benefit from attending these webinars:
- Graduates seeking progression to Surveyor Registration with SBQ.
- Registered surveyors progressing to Cadastral Endorsement with SBQ.
- Registered Surveyors who wish to refresh skills and competency in common problem areas for Registered Surveyors.
- Registered Surveyors to support a CER for registration Renewal.
There are two series running concurrently, with one webinar per month from each: the Cadastral Endorsement Competency Framework Series and Registered Surveyor Competency Framework Series.
This webinar, presented by Alistair Byrom from Veris Australia, covers:
- The relevance of legislation for a surveyor
- How to search current & historical legislation & how to review explanatory notes to Bills/Acts
- A quick commentary to more obscure legislation ie Acts Interpretation Act, Trusts Act.
By registering below, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the recording, to watch at your leisure.
- SSSI: One CPD point
- BOSSI: One survey practice point for viewing plus achievement of 80% passmark on questionnaire or 0.5 pts for viewing only (Code: SSSINSW1013)
. Note, only the individual registrant is entitled to claim the associated CPD point.
Katie Le Miere
National Events Manager