eCPD - TASSIC Forum 2020: Spatial Information and Data Analysis Supporting Regional Development
Date & Time
Wednesday, 25 May 2022
- 12:00 pm
Recording of live event held 25 November 2020
Tasmania will soon be entering a period of economic recovery in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic. Regional development will be a critical component of this activity. Spatial information and data analytics have major potential to support this endeavour. The webinar will review the challenges facing local government and industry in supporting regional development, review the use of data to support and accelerate the process and potential opportunities in the use of digital twin concepts to improve planning and implementation
The Tasmanian Spatial Information Council (TASSIC) or ‘Council’ was established in 2008 to facilitate increased collaboration and cooperation between public, private and community sectors in the collection, maintenance and use of spatial information in Tasmania. Its membership includes representation from industry, government and research institutions to facilitate and promote the application of spatial information services in Tasmania.
- Regional Development Challenges by Daryl Connelly, Cradle Coast Authority
- Local Government use of Big Data for Economic Recovery by Erin McGoldrick, Glenorchy City Council
- 3D Digital Twin and Economic Development - Case Study from Western Sydney by Wayne Patterson, Spatial Services NSW
- A Discussion Session moderated by Craig Perkins, Regional Development Australia
By registering at the bottom of this page, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to the recording/s to watch at a time that suits you.
- SSSI CPD Points: 1.5
- Tasmania CPD Points: 1.5 General Education
Note, only the individual registered for the event is entitled to receive the associated CPD points.
Free for all to attend!
Katie Le Miere
SSSI National Events Manager