CECF Webinar Series: Preparing and Managing a Basic Development Application
Date & Time
Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020
- 2:00 pm
The Queensland Land Surveying Commission Committee is pleased to offer a series of webinars with the primary purpose of assisting surveyors seeking renewal and registration requirements with the Surveyors' Board of Queensland. The list of topics has been identified in cooperation with the Board to address areas of the competency framework that often possess greater challenge applicants and surveyors demonstrating competency.
Who will benefit from attending these webinars:
- Graduates seeking progression to Surveyor Registration with SBQ.
- Registered surveyors progressing to Cadastral Endorsement with SBQ.
- Registered Surveyors who wish to refresh skills and competency in common problem areas for Registered Surveyors.
- Registered Surveyors to support a CER for registration Renewal.
There are two series running concurrently, with one webinar per month from each: the Cadastral Endorsement Competency Framework Series and Registered Surveyor Competency Framework Series.
This presentation on DAs, given by Stephen Motti, will cover:
- Overview of relevant legislation that directs the process
- Navigating a Planning Scheme
- Understanding Levels of Assessment, Code Requirements and potential Referral Triggers
- Making a ‘Properly Made Application’
- Understanding the Assessment Process and timeframes
- Typical Decisions, likely Conditions and Compliance requirements
Stephen Motti is an Owner and Director of Brazier Motti. Brazier Motti provides consulting services in Town Planning, Survey, Project Management, Mapping and GIS from offices across North Queensland.
Stephen is a qualified Senior Town Planner with over 30 years’ practical experience in both local government and private practice. He holds a Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning from the University of New England.
Stephen has a comprehensive understanding of legislative requirements and has direct experience in land use assessment and developing practical planning solutions. He has personally prepared Planning Schemes for several Local Authorities and he has also successfully provided planning consultancy services for a range of private and public sector Clients.
Those services have extended across a range of project types of varying complexity, including a number of significant residential and commercial projects well known in the region.
By registering below, you receive access to the watch the webinar live OR if you can't watch it live, you receive the link to the recording 24 hours after the event date. You can then watch the recording at your leisure.
This event is worth 1.0 SSSI CPD Point. Please note, only the individual who registers for the webinar can claim the associated CPD point.
Katie Le Miere
National Events Manager