Date & Time
Friday, 21 Sep 2018
- 5:00 pm
NOTE VENUE CHANGE - NOW FULLERS SPORTS CLUB
Do you use GNSS? Do you understand whether it meets your survey requirements and accuracies whether it is a cadastral, engineering or construction surveying project or various spatial applications?
SSSI Queensland is pleased to host a Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Workshop in Cairns on Friday 21 September.
This event is aimed for all users of GNSS and would provide a good basis for students, associates and graduates as well as consolidate and refresh the understanding of the more experienced users of GNSS.
This workshop will cover a number of topics including:
- different GNSS applications and accuracies
- establishing datums, AUSPOS and the upcoming coordinate Datum shift to 2020
- errors, distribution of, and their impact on client needs
- GNSS, explaining the geoid, ellipsoid, ground distances, projection distances, including using GNSS for AHD
- GDA94 - GDA2020, when to use it, connections to datum on SPs, etc.
- use of GNSS in large scale cadastral projects with special reference to the management of scale factors
- the impact of technology on basic survey principles.
- Matt Higgins, Manager Geodesy and Positioning, Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (DNRME)
- Dr Glenn Campbell, Surveying and Spatial Science Discipline Leader, University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- Graham Jensen, Principal Surveyor Far North District, Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR)
- Greg Friske, Principal Surveyor South Coast Region, Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) ** TBC
Please click here for the draft program.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided, as well as post workshop networking drinks.
The event is kindly supportly by CR Kennedy and Mangoesmapping.
Please register below. Registration closes on Wednesday 19 September so register now to guarantee your place and take advantage of these subsidised registration fees!
- Student or Associate/Graduate registered with the Surveyors Board of Queensland
- SSSI Member - $30
- Non-Member - $50
- SSSI Member - $50
- Non-SSSI Member - $80
Fullers Sports Club
24 - 26 Armstrong St
Katie Le Miere