2021 Qld Regional Conference & APSEA-Q
Date & Time
Thursday, 18 Nov 2021
- 10:00 pm
The SSSI Queensland Regional Committee is pleased to announce we are planning our annual Brisbane conference in person once again!
The 2021 Queensland Regional Conference will be held on Thursday 18 November (note new date as orginal date is now public holiday) at the Brisbane Convention & Exhbition Centre and promises to be a fantastic opportunity to learn and connect with SSSI members and the broader surveying and spatial community.
The Queensland Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards dinner will also be held in conjunction with the conference, celebrating the outstanding work being undertaken across the region.
Call for Abstracts
Are you involved in an interesting local project? Want to share your latest research, technology or achievements? We want to hear from you!
The SSSI Queensland Regional Conference organisers are seeking presentations from surveying and spatial professionals across South East Queensland to share their experiences, challenges, updates and learnings. We invite submissions for talks on topics that matter to local professionals, including but not limited to:
- Cadastral surveying
- Hydrographic Surveying
- Industrial metrology
- SEQ infrastructure projects
- Scope for industry and government partnership in cadastre
- Implementation/ integration of new technologies and methods
- GNSS developments
- Developments in Unoccupied/Autonomous vehicles, Autonomous surveying, Cloud computing and Machine learning.
- Airborne Bathy Lidar (manned aircraft or drone)
- Mobile Lidar options for Monitoring of rail and surrounding areas (MLS/ Uav, etc)
- BVLOS drone flying and CASA relaxations
- Workforce pipeline - building a stronger and more diverse workforce
- BIM and its impacts on infrastructure
- Progression of Spatial Digital twin, BIM policy and practice
- Utilisation of digital cadastral data for economic development
- Cadastral modernisation including titles reform and positioning of the cadastre
- Improving metadata particularly for reuse and asset management
- The Queensland space industry and the intersection of space and spatial
- Latest trends in research and development
- Quality management.
Presentations will be a mix of plenary, lightning and/or panels and successful applicants will receive heavily discounted registration to the event.
Submit an abstract on your proposed presentation by completing the brief form here. The call for abstracts closes at midday on Monday 13 September.
Registration is now open below!
Discounts are available for SSSI members and students. You can choose to register just for the Conference or get great value by taking full registration and include your ticket to APSEA-Q as well!
Tickets for APSEA-Q only are also available.
The event will be worth 6 SSSI CPD points. CPD assessment for NSW BOSSI points will also be undertaken once the program has been finalised.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the event and we encourage all local organisations to consider supporting this important event on the Queensland spatial calendar. The formal prospectus will be available shortly, however in the interim feel free to contact Katie on the details below to discuss.
Major Sponsor Lanyard Sponsor
BCEC, Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Katie Le Miere