Webinar: Control Surveys using GNSS - Part 1 & Part 2
Date & Time
Thursday, 23 Nov 2017
- Thursday, 30 Nov 2017
- 2:00 pm
Part 1: 23 November 2017 - 12:30pm to 2pm (AEST)
Part 2: 30 November 2017 - 12;30pm to 2pm (AEST)
These webinars will provide a refresher for practitioners wanting to use Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) for Cadastral and Control surveys in Queensland. Topics covered will include:
• The Basics of GNSS and its use in Surveying;
- Including the various observation and processing techniques;
• The ICSM Standard for the Australian Survey Control Network (SP1) including:
- The accompanying GNSS Guideline, and;
- The use of Survey Uncertainty and Positional Uncertainty;
• The Queensland Cadastral Survey Requirements including:
- Requirements for connection to Datum;
- Achieving suitable GNSS measurement quality and its application to cadastral surveys;
- Legal Traceability of GNSS measurements and;
- The use of coordinates, heights, bearing and distances when using GNSS for Cadastral Surveys.
Presented by Matt Higgins - Manager of Geodesy and Positioning in the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines.
Matt is a past Vice President of the International Federation of Surveyors. He has also been a Co-Chair of a Working Group of the United Nations International Committee on GNSS. In 2013, Matt was appointed to the U.S. Position, Navigation and Timing Advisory Board, which is a Presidential committee that advises the U.S. Government on GPS-related policy, planning, program management and funding issues. In 2014 Matt was also appointed to Australia's National Positioning Infrastructure Advisory Board. Matt is also currently President of the Australian based IGNSS Society and an Adjunct Professor at the Queensland University of Technology.
STUDENTS - Please note that SSSI offer FREE Student Membership and discounted Graduate Membership rates.
The webinar will be recorded. All registered attendees will recieve a copy of the webinar recording 48 hours after the webinar has been completed.
Please register to receive your webinar log in details. You will be sent your webinar login details closer to the event.
If you are unable to view the webinar at the specified time, please still register and you will receive a recording of the webinar within 48 hours of the webinar date.
Please note if you are unable to view the webinar live, you will need to complete a short questionnaire on the video in order to demonstrate viewing and claim any associated CPD points.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR EMAIL DETAILS ARE CORRECT ON YOUR TICKET PURCHASE. WE REQUIRE THE EMAIL OF THE ATTENDEE TO SETUP THE WEBINAR REGISTRATION.