SSSI Certification identifies your level of expertise in the surveying and spatial professions to your peers, clients, employers, and the wider community. Certification allows members and non-members alike to gain recognition of their competence and integrity via a formal “Portfolio-based” process.
Under the SSSI Specialised Certification Program Certification is available for spatial information, hydrographic surveying, remote sensing, engineering surveying professionals, and general certification.
- The highest standards of professionalism
- Specialisation of skills and knowledge
- Currency of expertise
As a Certified SSSI Professional, you:
- Gain a mark of excellence, the differentiator in a crowd of other spatial professionals;
- Achieve recognition from employers and enhance your career opportunities;
- Attain an extra measure of credibility, respect and recognition within/outside the professional community;
- Obtain recognition from Government, community and the public for your contribution to the spatial sciences.
As an employer of a SSSI Certified Professional, you can:
- Increase the confidence that a company’s clients have in the company.
- Use the Program as part of a career-development roadmap for employees.
The SSSI Certification Program is available to SSSI members and non-members. Each applicant must satisfy the requirements set out by that level of SSSI Certification. Applicants must also demonstrate a set educational and professional experience requirements in order to be considered for that level of Certification.
Please visit the appropriate Certification below for more information.