As part of the Locate18 Market Day on Monday 9 April 2018, in the Adelaide Convention Centre, SSSI is holding the following workshop.
Asset Management Workshop with Tripp Corbin, the past President of URISA
Date: Monday 9 April 2018
Venue: Adelaide Convention Centre
Cost: FREE for SSSI members (places are limited)
Tripp is a recognised expert, speaker and author on geospatial technology. He holds multiple certifications including Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified GIS Professional, CompTIA Certified technical Trainer and ESRI Certified ArcGIS Desktop Professional. He teaches GIS classes and workshops throughout North America.
Asset Management: Planning, Strategy and Implementation
Public and private agencies face continuous challenges to accomplish more with less as increases in demand, regulatory requirements, infrastructure deterioration, and political and economic forces have significantly outpaced increases in capital and operating budgets. Municipalities are under enormous pressure to improve efficiencies, boost productivity and effectively manage resources and assets while at the same time being expected to enhance worker safety. Many of these agencies are turning to Asset Management to cope with these challenges and improve business performance and effectiveness. This URISA Certified Workshop will focus on several aspects of developing an asset management system that could help improve performance, reduce long-term costs, and maximize return on investment in infrastructure assets.
Specific topics include:
- Strategy and Planning
- Data Collection Methods
- Mobile GIS Solutions
- Software Solutions
- Information Management and Decision Support Tools
- Evaluation and Performance Measures
- Compliance Reporting
- Life Cycle Management
- Learning Objectives:
- Understand the need for implementation planning and strategy
- Be able to explain different field data collection methods such as GNSS, Lidar, UAVs and more
- Describe the pros and cons of commercial and custom Software
- List different drivers such as compliance for implementation of asset management and how they impact your solution choice
- Understand limitations of mobile solutions including software and devices
- Understand asset life cycle
Intended Audience: This workshop is intended for operations, utility, transportation, engineering, planning, and environmental managers and analysts of the public and private sectors.
This workshop is FREE for SSSI MEMBERS but places are limited, so REGISTER NOW.