Rapid changes in social, economic, security and environmental conditions are occurring at a global level, but leveraging Geospatial Big Data can help us develop more impactful, regionally-specific solutions.
Australia’s scale, geological and geographical diversity, coupled with severe and variable climate, provide a unique set of challenges and risks unlike any other country or continent. This hackathon challenge aims to address Australia’s most conflicting issues surrounding mining, agriculture and environmental sustainability.
We need passionate participants who can leverage our platform and imagery with other information sources for projects that support:
Mining - Applications that support all phases of the Mining Life-Cycle with innovative solutions that can help reduce risk, increase productivity and transform the industry to promote Australia’s role as a Global Leader in the Mining Sector.
Agriculture - Food security, Asset mapping, precision agriculture, weather effects, weed infestations and yield, when modelled will increase Australia’s competitiveness and productivity.
Environmental - Tackling Environmental risk including Climate Change, Industrial Development, Invasive flora and fauna species among other challenges, to ensure we achieve compliance with Governmental Regulations and discover ways to improve upon current Coastal, Land and Water Conservation practices.
Propose your ideas and how you would leverage GBDX and high-resolution satellite imagery to extract critical insights for your solution. All projects are expected to share any outputs from the challenge.
How to get started:
• Fill out the form here to receive challenge details and your submission application.
• Check your email for your submission application - be sure to provide all specified information in order to qualify for participation.
• The deadline for submissions is 5pm EST, May 10th, 2018. On-going GBDX access will be awarded to the top 3 winners.
• Winning teams will be notified no later than June 30th. Individual(s) and/or organisation(s) are eligible to apply. Must be a resident of Australia, New Zealand or Oceania.
• Submit your applications by email to Yvonne Uu - Yvonne.Uu@digitalglobe.com
Click here for more information and to apply to participate.