After months of planning and pivoting due to the uncertainty we all still face from COVID-19, Locate21 will see the introduction of a hybrid model - a combination of virtual and in person events at our central Brisbane live site (Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre), and other live sites around Australia.
Wherever there is a large geospatial or surveying community such as Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Tasmania as well as New Zealand we will be aiming to activate a live site. The live sites will be a place for people to gather in satellite events that tune into the main event, while also delivering local content and networking opportunities.
The program will be presented virtually over the 4 days, supported by 2 days of live sites on Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st March and will include:
- Program content running between 1030 – 1530 AEST each day
- Optional in person workshops and smaller sub events offered in the live sites
- All aspects of the program will be accessible virtually for those who cannot access a live site
- Asia Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) presented virtually on Wed 31 March and broadcast to the live sites where drinks & catering will be provided to those who purchase a ticket
- Plenary speakers will present live from live sites, broadcast virtually and to other live sites
- All content will be recorded and available for viewing post event
- World class plenary speakers
- Fewer number of presentations, more networking opportunities
- Dedicated session themes
- Virtual social events
- Electronic posters
- Virtual demo sessions
LIVE SITE BENEFITS:
- In-person networking opportunities after a long time of being apart!
- Watch technical sessions live with colleagues, participate in live nationwide Q&A, but also have the opportunity to discuss with each other in-person
- Hands-on exhibitor displays learning and networking
- Morning tea & lunch over both days
- Watch the Asia Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) live with colleagues whilst enjoying drinks & nibbles
VIRTUAL PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- Chat with internal and external colleagues continually during live stream presentations to share insights and observations relevant to their research and business
- Access to 100% of the program
- Stream live or watch content on-demand when it fits into yours and your team’s schedule - learn at your own pace, in your own style
- Pique your interest with other themed sessions that you would not otherwise have the time to attend
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We suggest you check out the Locate21 website for more information about the conference, and keep checking back as planning progresses.
Registrations are now open if you wish to register and a special offer has been made to those who have rolled over their Locate20 registration.
A call for the latest, most exciting, standout abstracts is now open! See HERE for the details required to submit an abstract and/or workshop proposal. Workshop proposal for virtual or in-person workshops are welcome!
Those who had a presentation in the Locate20 program will be contacted directly by an Organising Committee member shortly.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
We are viewing the current challenges as opportunities to innovate in the new world we find ourselves in, and Locate are excited to offer the opportunity for the surveying and geospatial community to connect, share, and continue to grow through this event.