The National Young Professionals committee brings together representatives from regional (state) committees around Australia to work together to promote opportunities for young professionals within the surveying and spatial industry.
Currently the National Young Professionals group is working towards a range of initiatives including:
- a national framework for mentoring for young professionals
- a series of face-to-face and online event and webinars to offer career development insights
from people in various areas and career progressions in the surveying and spatial science
- advocacy for policy changes to support the strength of the Australian geospatial industry in the present and future
- greater involvement with educational institutions to improve awareness of career options
within the surveying and spatial sciences industry
- working with other bodies to lead item C5 of Agenda2026 to lead young professionals in Australia within the spatial and surveying industry
Our key focus is reaching out to and engaging with young professionals and students in a meaningful way, and helping them to find value in SSSI as their industry body.
For further information, please click here.
Lee Hellen (mentor) and James Wallace (mentee) reporting back on the SSSI National Young Professionals mentoring program and what they got out of it.
If you are interested in participating in the 2019 SSSI Young Professional Mentoring Program as a Mentee or Mentor please click here.