Welcome to the QLD Geomessage! A special welcome to our newest QLD members!
- Byron Carson, EMSC
- Kieran Garratt, EMSC
- Charles Lowe, LSC
- Robert Routley, EMSC
- Matthew Gregson, EMSC
- Troy Brown, EMSC
- David Sowter, HC
- Jacob Cormick, LSC
- Ramon Garcia Arguelles Arias, LSC
- Joshua Egan, LSC
- Ramin Shahkaramirad, LSC
- Jenny Devine, EMSC (student)
- Ken Nakada, EMSC (student)
- Max Bignell, LSC (student)
- Matthew Strack, LSC (student)
- Brett Darracott, SICC (student)
NOMINATE FOR A 2021 ASIA-PACIFIC SPATIAL EXCELLENCE AWARD
SSSI is pleased to announce that nominations for the 2021 APSEA program are now open. The awards are a great opportunity to celebrate our surveying and spatial individuals and organisations!
Some categories have been changed and the nomination process simplified. Please read the 2021 APSEA Nomination Kit before commencing your nomination. Nominations are made online via our online Awards portal
Applications close Monday 2nd August 2021
2020 APSEA-QLD WINNERS FINALLY CELEBRATE!
After a few false starts, winners of the 2020 Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards QLD finally celebrated their achievements at a networking event held earlier this month. Many thanks to the members of the surveying and spatial community who joined us to celebrate!
CHECK OUT OUR PAST QLSC WEBINARS
Over the past 18 months, the QLSC has presented a number of webinars with the primary purpose of assisting surveyors seeking renewal and registration requirements with the Surveyors' Board of Queensland, as well as those seeking a refresh of key skills.
The session recordings are available via the links below or on our eCPD page, along with all SSSI webinars from the past 18 months.
2020 Cadastral Endorsement Competency Framework Series
- Tips for Reinstating existing Boundaries and Marking, Ewen Sneddon – click here
- Searching for documentary evidence and search for physical evidence, Dale Atkinson – click here
- Legislation: An insight for Surveyors, Alistair Byrom - click here
- Prepare and manage basic development and basic state action applications, Stephen Motti – click here
- Design lots and layouts for Cadastral Surveyors, Damian Reardon - click here
2020 Registered Surveyor Competency Framework Series
- How to use and maintain GNSS surveying instruments, Dale Atkinson – click here
- How to Establish, measure and adjust horizontal and vertical survey control using GNSS, Graham Jensen – click here
- Survey and calculate volumes and quantities, Lee Hellen – click here
2021 Cadastral Competency Series
- c.10 Prepare and Manage Basic State Land Action Applications, Dale Atkinson - click here
SPATIAL INFORMATION INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT SURVEY
The Spatial Information business area within the Department of Resources acquires, manages and provides access to Queensland’s core spatial datasets, delivered through world-class spatial information system solutions e.g. Queensland Globe.
They are conducting research on how their stakeholders use spatial information to inform its spatial product and service development.
The short survey will only take 3 minutes and is completely anonymous. Please consider taking the survey - your contribution is greatly appreciated.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY
SSSI NATIONAL WEBINAR SERIES
SSSI is committed to delivering a lively and robust CPD program. SSSI is proud of its National Webinar Series. Showcasing national and international speakers discussing relevant topics of interest to the spatial and surveying professions.
To see a list of all upcoming Webinars click here
Our Qld members maybe interested in the upcoming Qld Cadastral Competency Webinar Series: c.10 Prepare and Manage Basic State Land Action Application being held on 22 April 2021 from 2pm - 3pm. REGISTER NOW
Don't forget to check out what is on offer via our eCPD
If you have any suggestions for webinars you would like to see, or any other matters or ideas you would like us to consider, don't hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.