The SSSI Spatial Digital Twin Special Interest Group (SDT-SIG) aims to educate, leverage and develop capabilities for surveying and spatial professionals in this emerging technology and to provide highly relevant learning and development opportunities for the members of SSSI.
SSSI National Board member Mr Wayne Patteson has been appointed inaugural Chair.
In summary, the SDT-SIG aims to:
- Encourage and promote the advancement of SDT knowledge;
- Establish SSSI as an effective, trusted and well recognised organisation and hub for surveying and spatial sciences and other Digital Twin experts in Australia;
- Facilitate inclusive and collaborative partnerships – locally, nationally and globally;
- Foster and strengthen information sharing among SDT-SIG Member Agencies, and with government, community, industry and private sectors;
- Enable access to information collected and shared by participants including knowledge of what information exists, and how and where to find it.
Six SDT-SIG working groups have been established including:
WG 1.0 Events
WG 2.0 Advocacy & Communications
WG 3.0 Partnerships
WG 4.0 Education & Training
WG 5.0 Standards
WG 6.0 Capacity
Members of the surveying and spatial science community are invited to register their interest to participate in one (or more!) of these working groups.
Register your interest to participate in a SDT-SIG Working Group here.