Hi All, the first quarter of 2021 has whizzed past. I am delighted to share some of our first face-to-face events, tempt you with details of the next, as well as flag a couple of great online events that will be occurring in the next quarter.
Locate’21 Hybrid event and Sydney Live Site
Sydney celebrated a Live Site for the Hybrid Locate’21 at the University of NSW. Many thanks to Chris Pettit, Director City Futures Research Centre at UNSW for hosting us in a fun, light, interactive and creative space where we were able to network, meet with sponsors and meet some of the research students. We had an excellent experience of the plenary sessions and presentations, and truly appreciate the access online to the wide variety of other presentations, interviews and panels that were going on at different venues and from ‘Conference Central’.
City Analytics Lab Tour
As part of the Sydney Live Site experience we were treated to an exclusive tour of the City Analytics Lab. The lab compromises a large planning and decision support theatre equipped with multiple digital touch screen tables, dedicated Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented (AR) Reality rooms, and a media recording room, along with a Tangible Table sandbox, observation rooms and eye tracking equipment for undertaking user centred design experiments. This is a dedicated space designed to support cutting edge, innovative research in collaborative city planning, user centred design and urban informatics, within the School of Built Environment, UNSW. It supports research undertaken within the City Futures Research Centre and across the School of Built Environment as well as collaborative research across universities in a National Urban Research iHub.
2020 NSW APSEA Awards Celebrations & 2021 Asia Pacific Winners
Relishing the ability to be together and face-to-face we took the opportunity to celebrate our NSW 2020 APSEA Award Winners (see here)
- Young Professional of the Year – Donny Darmawan
- Professional of the Year – Wayne Patterson
- Educational Development Award – Craig Roberts (UNSW)
- Postgraduate Student Award – Nic Donnelly (UNSW)
- Undergraduate Student Award – Daniel Fowler (UNSW) (also Highly Commended in Asia-Pacific)
- SSSI VET Student Award – Russell Commins (also Asia-Pacific Winner)
- Award for Environment & Sustainability – Spatial Vision & DPIE
- Award for Innovation & Commercialisation – Cardno
- Award for Spatial Enablement – Department of Planning, Industry and Environment – Crown Lands Survey Team
- Award for Technical Excellence – UNSW & Geoplex