To address the skills shortage in the surveying industry, an internship program is being offered to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering.
The 2019 Internship program will commence during the July term break. The start date is dependent on exam timetables and is for a period of 4 weeks based on a 5-day working week.
SSSI is seeking expressions of interest from companies willing to take on student placement.
Companies that offer internship placement are required to:
- provide a company and worksite orientation that clarifies internal rules, operating procedures, and expectations
- assist in skill development and answer questions
- provide adequate training and supervision to make the internship a meaningful experience
- evaluate the intern and provide regular feedback
- provide a final evaluation at the conclusion of the internship to discuss the intern’s performance and accomplishments, and also to identify strengths and opportunities for continued development
- have ability to openly promote their involvement in the internship program in support of our profession.
Please email SSSI SA Regional Operations Manager Imogen Craig on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest before 27 June 2019.
Please nominate the number of internship placements you can accept, and the fields of surveying in which you can offer experience.
UniSA will cover Public Liability & Personal Accident Insurance. However, if you offer paid employment then your insurance will cover the placement.
The applicants are paired with an employer by randomly drawing names from the pool of surveying firms or surveyors that have offered placements.
- SSSI cannot guarantee expression of interest to accept an intern will be successful
- UniSA has promoted the Internship Program based on SSSI assurance that the survey profession will provide placement for 10 students.
Please get in touch if you have any further questions or queries.