SSSI-SA was delighted to work with the Women in Geospatial Science Professional Network to present:
Step up! – A presentation skills workshop to encourage women to speak up and increase their visibility within their industry
Step Up! - Yes, you are good enough! Yes, you have a valuable message to share and Yes! Your voice needs to be heard. Conference organisers are under increasing pressure to have gender diversity on the stage. This is your opportunity to contribute; it’s time to step up. Attend this afternoon workshop to develop your confidence and manage your internal voice.
- Defining your presentation objective
- Tailoring your presentation to the audience
- Developing your topic – mind mapping
- Structuring your presentation so it is easy to follow
- Weave in stories with your experience to increase engagement
- Deliver with passion
- Answering questions & thinking on your feet
- How to prevent death by PowerPoint
Sharon Ferrier, a dynamic corporate educator, facilitator, coach and speaker from Persuasive Presentations, led this workshop. Sharon has a knack for making the complex simple. She believes that passionate people persuade’ and that to make your message stick, you need to balance information with delivery style.
If you would be interested in attending a future Step Up! workshop, register your interest by emailing Imogen on firstname.lastname@example.org