WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS
A special welcome to the members from WA who have recently joined SSSI.
- Laren Collen, EMSC, Member
- Ersan Yeni, EMSC, Member
- Yves Ntamuhanga, EMSC, Member
- Lawrence Cayabyab, EMSC, Member
- James Botterill, SICC, Member
- Stuart Clarke, EMSC, Associate Member
- Leon Sneddon, EMSC, Associate Member
- Cameron Ferrier, HC, Associate Member
- Louis Bennett, HC, Other Professional
- Marcus Tyler, HC, 2nd Year Graduate Member
- Benjamin Sudlow, EMSC, Affiliate Member
- Felipe Merola Etcheverry, RSPC, Student
- Jarred Payne, SICC, Student
- Tong Ding, RSPC, Student
- Maxwell Aubin, EMSC, Student
- Dan Le, LSC, Student
- Maneesha Pramelakumari Rajeev, RSPC, Student
- Caitlin Smith, RSPC, Student
We are pleased to announce planning is underway for our WA Geospatial Conference and APSEA-WA dinner which will be held on 16 February 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Perth.
The Call for Abstracts is NOW OPEN!
We are seeking presentations from across the WA geospatial industry. There are many interesting and innovative projects being undertaken locally - share them with us!
Topics could include (but not limited to):
- Geospatial in infrastructure delivery
- Advances in survey
- Improving the connection of regional locations and supporting new infrastructure
- Taking stock of how digital and geospatial supports agriculture and environment management
- Improving remote monitoring, using sensors and the role of space technologies
- technical innovation, spatial aps, cloud computing, survey innovation, RPAS
- data analytics, crowd sourcing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, automation, data partnerships
- surveying - land, cadastral, hydrographic, aerial survey, engineering, mining
- 3D, digital engineering, LiDAR, reality meshes, BIM
- Mobility, emergency management, spatial digital twin, environment, community, smart cities, utilities, coastal management, climate change
- convergence of space and spatial
- from a variety of sectors – mining, defence, planning, conservation, agroforestry, local, state and federal government …
Submit an abstract on your proposed presentation by completing the brief form here. The call for abstracts close on Friday 9 December 2022, so start thinking about how you can get involved!
For further information and to register: REGISTER NOW
If you have any queries or would like to sponsor this event, please don’t hesitate to contact Katie Le Miere, National Events Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
surveying from afar: the rise of the desktop surveyor
In October the Perth geospatial community met to hear a number of presentations focused on the new technologies that are assisting remote monitoring, measurement and analysis.
Thanks to our in person speakers Joseph Giovannetti (Public Transport Authority), Brummer Grobbelaar (Veris), Jasmine Muir (FrontierSI) and Mehdi Ravanbakhsh, PhD (Mapizy) and to our virtual speakers Todd Morschel (Land Solution Australia Pty Ltd & Kurloo Technology) and Justin White (Department of Transport and Main Roads).
Thanks Darren Mottolini for being an excellent MC!
Many thanks to our friends at GHD for hosting this event!