Currently two events are being organised by the commission in the next two months:
- The Airport Tunnel Surveying Seminar to be held on 12th April at the FAL information Centre, Forrestfield. Tickets are now available online and limited to 40 people maximum.
- The annual Mine Surveying Regional Forum day to be held on 15th May at the Ambrose Estate, Wembley Golf Course. This event is being held in conjunction with AIMS.
Summary of Meetings
- Interest Group Meeting Held Wednesday 21st February. The minutes have been circulated to members.
- Meeting with AIMS to organise a Joint Mine Surveying Regional Forum for the 15th May.
- TAFE Seminar 9th March. This was organised by Gemma Murphy, from LandSurveys to interact with Surveying Students at the North Perth TAFE. This event was also thrown open to Mine Surveyors to attend on an informal basis and featured a summary on the proposed changes to Mine Safety Legislation.
The main on the legislation agenda is the proposed new act to replace the current Mine Safety and Inspection Act 1994 with new legislation. Currently the new legislation is being formulated by the Ministerial Advisory Panel (MAP) and will then be released to the mining industry for comment. This legislation reform was initially planned under the preceding State Liberal Government in 2017 and SSSI Engineering and Mine Surveying Commission had made several lengthy submissions on the proposal. However due to the change in the State government the new Minister of Department of Mines, Industry Regulations and Safety has restarted the legislative reform. The commission will be making submissions on behalf of members once the new legislation proposals are made public.
- Perth Airport Tunnel Surveying Technical Briefing – Thursday 12th April.
- Engineering and Mine Surveying Commission Meeting on Wednesday 18th April.
- Mine Surveying Regional Forum – Tuesday 15th May.