NATIONAL YP COMMITTEE
Congratulations to Donny Darmawan for being appointed Chair, National YP Committee. Many thanks to ourgoing Chair, Roshni Sharma for your energy, enthusiasm and drive over the past few years. An exceptional leader, strongly supported by an exceptional team of YP's!
Introducing the SSSI National YP Committee for 2022
- Donny Darmawan (Chair)
- Mingzhe Li (Deputy Chair)
- Roshni Sharma (Immediate Past Chair)
- James Sadler
- Michael Topp
- Matthew McCulloch
- James Derksen
- Andrew Bembrick
- Sam Fulton
- Kristy Petroff
- Nelson Kuna
- Oscar So
- Mariana Pagan
- Brad Redding
ARE you going to locate22? APPLY FOR THE YP SUPPORT SCHEME!
This year Locate22 is excited to offer support for young professionals, students and early career researchers to attend the event. The conference support scheme will provide either of the following grants to successful recipients:
1. Registration support – registration costs, including the Welcome Reception, dedicated networking session and the APSEA dinner will be fully covered.
2. Travel/accommodation support – up to $600 to assist with travel and accommodation costs associated with attending Locate22.
All recipients will have the opportunity to meet with the company/representative that provided the support at the conference and attend a dedicated networking and mentoring event as part of the Young Professional Symposium on the Tuesday.
You are able to apply if you fall into one of the below categories:
- Young Professional – employed in the survey or spatial industry, including government, aged 36 or under on 1 June 2022
- Early Career Researcher – academic within 5 years of award of their PhD and as accepted by the Australian Research Council
- Student – Current full time university or TAFE student
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to attend all days of Locate22 in person, in Canberra (COVID/border restrictions not withstanding), including the YP Symposium and networking event.
- All successful recipients of the support scheme will need to be available to participate in the conference as a volunteer in some capacity, for example: greeter for attendees arriving at registration, rapporteur for one of the concurrent sessions, assist as host of a social event.
- All successful recipients of the full support scheme only will also need to be available for a potential Q&A session in the Hub.
- All successful recipients will need to provide a short report of their experiences at the conference, with picture, for the company that provided the financial support and Locate22 to be used on social media or in marketing.
To enter you will need to submit the following items:
- A brief CV (pdf)
- An introductory paragraph or two (max 200 words) describing what you hope to get out of attending Locate22 (pdf)
- A letter of recommendation from your manager, academic supervisor or lecturer (pdf)
- Answer the question: What is the most exciting innovation or change for the survey/spatial industry in the coming years and what benefits might it bring? Your entry can be in any format – e.g. written, visual or video – it could be a poster, a report or essay or even a story. Feel free to include pictures, diagrams or graphics to help demonstrate your point and make it interesting – use your imagination! (any uploaded document is accepted)
- Written or visual: max 500 words, fits on one (1) A3 sheet or two (2) A4 pages (or less)
- Video response: no more than 2 minutes long
- If you are submitting a video, you will need to upload a file (i.e. word of pdf) that has a short introduction and then include the hyperlink to the video submission (e.g. dropbox/g-drive).
Entries will be judged on originality and insight, presentation, and relevance to the overall Locate theme of Locate in Action: Positioning the nation for a brighter future. Entries may be published or displayed as part of the conference.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THE YP SUPPORT SCHEME
Chair, SSSI Young Professionals