Dr Zaffar Sadiq Mohamed-Ghouse FSSSI
Locate 19 is next week, which will bring SSSI Members and delegates across the country and overseas to Melbourne.
I am really excited about the conference program - the Organising Committee have done a great job in putting together a program of talks from across all sectors of our industry. Highlights include:
- A dedicated survey stream with about 45 papers (also eligible for CPD points) is one of the attractions for the Land Surveying and Engineering & Mining Surveying Commission members.
- The Young Professional Symposium has been organised to discuss next generation issues and opportunities for our SSSI Young Professionals.
- Interesting papers on Digital Earth are something to look forward to for the Remote Sensing Commission members.
Other opportunities include:
- Meet with Immediate Past President of URISA, Teresa Townsend, a highlight for the Spatial Information & Cartography Commission members.
- ASEAN FLAG Hon. President See will be our guest at the conference and members can catch-up with him to discuss surveying and geospatial opportunities in ASEAN.
- See the latest technologies from over 50 organisations in the Market Hall (with free entry to all on Monday 8 April).
- The SSSI Board and Commission Chairs, as well as Peter Olah and his team will be at Locate19, please make time to meet the leadership team if you have any ideas or suggestions regarding SSSI.
Finally, I wish to congratulate all the finalists of the Asia-Pacific Excellence Awards and look forward to celebrating the success of our professionals at the APSEA Gala Dinner.
For those attending Locate, I hope I get the chance to meet as many of you as possible over the three days. For those considering attending, I strongly encourage you to take a look at the website for more information and register to attend! If you are unable to attend, I look forward to reporting on the above and more in our special Locate19 edition of GeoMessage that will be published in the days following the event.
Launch of the report :"Determining the Future Demand, Supply and Skills Gap for Surveying and Geospatial Professional"
I was pleased to join geospatial leaders to launch the report in Sydney few weeks ago. SSSI is one of the funding partners of this important report. The report can be downloaded from: http://www.acsnational.com.au/ .
As always, feel free to contact me or any of the SSSI staff if you have any queries, feedback or suggestions.