There are several types of membership with the Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute. Membership* provides you with:
- the esteemed SSSI post-nominal, for example, MSSSI (Member). The post-nominal will vary depending on the membership type
- allocation to the SSSI region in which you reside (unless you request otherwise) and your preferred Commission, representing your professional interest. Members can also elect to be part of Special Interest Groups
- membership benefits including access to member-only resources, financial discounts, and member rates
- access to the latest spatial publications: Position Magazine and Journal of Spatial Science as well as SSSI communications
- Professional Development events access to member rates at SSSI's calendar events, online training and development, as well as national and international conferences
- Continuing Professional Development Program to develop each member's technical skills and enhance professional knowledge, both at national and state/territory levels
- the Institute's government relations, lobbying, and advocacy initiatives, contributing to policy development and influencing federal, state and territory Government
- SSSI Certification Program. Gain recognition of your professional competence and integrity via attaining SSSI Certification in your specialised professional field
- recognition of your contributions and achievements in the spatial professions through SSSI's regional and national Professional Excellence Awards.
* For SSSI Student membership inclusions, please see the Free Student Program.
The membership subscription period is provided on a financial year basis. That is, from 1 July to 30 June the following year. For new applicants, membership is also available on a pro-rata basis.
Once a member, it is important to maintain your membership by paying the annual membership subscription.
By applying for membership of SSSI, you agree to be bound by the Institute's Constitution, Code of Ethics and the lawful decisions of the Institute's Board or representatives. Members also agree to be bound by the requirements set out under the SSSI CPD Policy.
If your membership lapses, you are no longer entitled to vote, be a member of a SSSI Committee, or receive and have access to membership benefits, products or services.
You may be eligible for a concessional subscription fee based on your individual circumstances, that is, if you are retired or temporarily not working or experiencing financial hardship. To apply, please contact SSSI National Office.