Membership provides you with:
- The esteemed SSSI post-nominal, e.g. MSSSI (Member): post-nominal will vary depending on the membership type
- Access to the latest spatial publications, including Position Magazine and Journal of Spatial Science as well as SSSI communications
- Learning and networking events: access to member rates at SSSI hosted events as well as the annual Locate Conference
- Continuing Professional Development Program to develop each member's technical skills and enhance professional knowledge
- The Institute's government relations, lobbying, and advocacy initiatives, contributing to policy development and influencing federal, state and territory Government
- SSSI Certification Program: gain recognition of your professional competence and integrity via attaining SSSI Certification in your specialised professional field
- Recognition of your contributions and achievements in the profession through the Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards.
For new members, the membership subscription period is 12 months from the date of joining. For existing members, it is currently the Financial Year, however you are welcome to contact us if you would prefer to change your renewal date to another time.
By applying for membership of SSSI, you agree to be bound by the Institute's Constitution, Code of Ethics and the lawful decisions of the Institute's Board or representatives. Members also agree to be bound by the requirements set out under the SSSI CPD Policy.
At the time of application, new applicants must provide a copy of their resume, as well as a copy of relevant qualifications. Please note, due to the current COVID19 crisis and lack of availability of JPs, qualifications do not need to be certified. Student applicants need only provide a copy of their current student ID card.
Once a member, it is important to maintain your membership by paying the annual membership subscription. If your membership lapses, you are no longer entitled to vote, be a member of a SSSI Committee, or receive and have access to membership benefits, products or services.
Join now below!