There are several types of membership with the Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute. Membership* provides you with:
- The esteemed SSSI post-nominal, for example, MSSSI (Member). The post-nominal will vary depending on the membership type
- Members will be allocated to the SSSI region in which they reside (unless they request otherwise) and their preferred Commission, representing their professional interest. Members can also elect to be part of Special Interest Groups
- Access to the latest spatial publications: Position Magazine and Journal of Spatial Science as well as SSSI communications;
- Professional development events access to member rates at SSSI events, online training and development, as well as national and international conferences;
- Continuing Professional Development Program to develop each member's technical skills and enhance professional knowledge, both at national and state/territory levels;
- The Institute's government relations, lobbying, and advocacy initiatives, contributing to policy development and influencing federal, state and territory Government;
- SSSI Certification Program. Gain recognition of your professional competence and integrity via attaining SSSI Certification in your specialised professional field;
- Recognition of your contributions and achievements in the spatial professions through SSSI's regional and national Professional Excellence Awards.
* For SSSI Student membership inclusions, please see the Free Student Program.