Surveying Internship Program
The 2020 SSSI-SA Surveying Internship Program has now commenced please click here to lodge an expression of interest to partipate in a future program.
The SSSI-SA Surveying Internship Program represents a great opportunity for students to investigate an alternative career path in surveying, and survey firms to investigate talent on offer. This will lay the foundation for an ongoing professional mentoring relationship and potential employment opportunity.
The survey profession in South Australia has collaborated to guarantee placement for 10 students for a period of up to 4 weeks.
Participating students are required to:
- purchase steel cap safety boots
- obtain a White Card certificate (UniSA will coordinate training)
Survey companies that offer internship placement are required to:
- Provide a company and worksite orientation that clarifies internal rules, operating procedures, and expectations
- Assist in skill development and answer questions
- Provide adequate training and supervision to make the internship a meaningful experience
- Evaluate the intern and provide regular feedback
- Provide a final evaluation at the conclusion of the internship to discuss the intern’s performance and accomplishments, and also to identify strengths and opportunities for continued development
- Offer to keep in touch after the internship experience to support him/her as a reference, and potentially offer support as a mentor.
Applicants are required to:
- Provide a written statement (maximum 200 words) outlining how the degree program you are currently studying supports your aspirations.
- List academic achievements including year 12 results
- Select the field of surveying (at least one) that you are interested in exploring:
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry
- Geographic Information System
For further information see:
For any queries regarding the program, contact Johanna Gastevich at email@example.com