SSSI WA Conference 2017
‘Grow Local, Think Global’ is the theme for the Western Australian Surveying & Spatial Sciences Conference 2017.
The event aims to stimulate ideas and discussion on the broad contribution of the surveying and spatial industry to the Australian and global economy, environment and society.
With a focus on innovation, competition, collaboration and viability, the Conference is a showcase for professionals, practitioners, vendors, clients and stakeholders to explore new ideas.
The theme ‘Grow Local, Think Global’ will highlight how surveying and spatial sciences are contributing locally and globally to:
- economic growth;
- delivering interconnected and safer communities;
- knowledge-driven decision making and policy setting;
- Smart Innovations and Smart Cities applications; and
- the expansion and adoption of spatial technologies in growth sectors.
The Conference and Workshops will have wide appeal to:
- Businesses looking for completive edge and innovative new directions, as well as ways to improve on traditional products and services.
- Professional practitioners seeking professional development or opportunities to explore new horizons, moving beyond local to the global market.
- Government and other not-for profit service providers that have spatial location integrated into their service delivery applications.
- Education and research bodies that can benefit through greater collaboration opportunities and multidisciplinary brainstorming.
- Vendors seeking opportunities to interact with an expanding market place of ideas.
You can register here for the Conference and Awards Cocktail Party. Earlybird 10% discount up to 30th September.
Visit the 2017 Conference website - www.wasssc.com.au - for the Program and additional information.
Not a SSSI member? Join us today for discounted access to informative seminars, networking events and access to our mentoring program. Contact our National Membership Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFERENCE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Key Note & Plenary Speakers
The surveying and spatial community is making a vital contribution to the interconnected global community through best practise methods, international cooperation, cultural exchange, research, and the opening up of new markets through business innovation and start-ups. Our plenary speakers are the “Thought Leaders” announced in the Provisional Program. (Names if available)
Scope of Technical Presentation
We have invited speakers with ideas, work and research that have practical relevance to the “Grow Local, Think Global” theme with suggested topics including but not limited to:
- Land surveying global frontiers
- Maritime safety, off-shore data sovereignty and resource exploration
- Drones, autonomous vehicles and crewless vessels: new sensors - new policies
- Global Geodetic Reference Frame, new positioning services and GDA2020
- Shared services for BIG data processing and spatial analytics
- Digital globe technologies and smart apps growing the economy
- Intelligent transport and global commodity movements
- 3 and 4D visualisations transforming business
- Supply chain innovation, digital collaborations, offshoring and public/private partnerships
- Digital humanitarianism and global geospatial volunteer networks
- Smart Cities and Smart Tourism
10am-1pm Thursday 12th October 2017
Semantics Web – Introduction to Next Generation Spatial Modelling
Half Day Lean in Workshop discover and learn new techniques for making your organisations information part of the Semantic Web
Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sssiwa-semantic-web-introduction-to-next-generation-spatial-modelling-tickets-37680764180
2pm-5pm Thursday 12th October 2017
Introducing the New Geocentric Datum for Australia GDA2020
Everything You Need to Know About Datums and Were Afraid to Ask.
Tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sssiwa-introducing-the-new-geocentric-datum-for-australia-gda2020-tickets-37681058059
WA SPATIAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
WASSSC 2017 partners with the WA Spatial Excellence Awards which will also be held on the evening of Friday 13 October 2017. WASEA showcases the best in our profession and is hosted in collaboration with SSSI industry partner SIBA.
Venue: The University Club of Western Australia
Pre-Award Canapes: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
WA Spatial Excellence Awards: 7:00pm – 8:45pm
Post Award Canapes: 8:45pm – 10:30pm
$75.00 when combine with a conference ticket
$90.00 when purchasing a ticket to the awards evening only
Kerry Smyth (MSSSI, GISP-AP)
SSSIWA Chair & Conference Convenor