Spatial Digital Twin
Spatial Digital Twin has been an area of interest to members within the surveying and spatial profession for some time. The formation of the SSSI Spatial Digital Twin Special Interest Group (SDT-SIG) is primarily to educate, leverage and develop capabilities for surveying and spatial professionals in this emerging technology and to provide highly relevant learning and development opportunities for the members of SSSI. The focus of this group will be applying Digital Twin to the built and natural environments, including above and below ground.
SSSI National Board member Mr Wayne Patteson has been appointed inaugural Chair.
The SDT-SIG aims to:
- Encourage and promote the advancement of SDT knowledge;
- Establish SSSI as an effective, trusted and well recognised organisation and hub for surveying and spatial sciences and other Digital Twin experts in Australia;
- Facilitate inclusive and collaborative partnerships – locally, nationally and globally;
- Foster and strengthen information sharing among SDT-SIG Member Agencies, and with government, community, industry and private sectors;
- Enable access to information collected and shared by participants including knowledge of what information exists, and how and where to find it.
An excellent opportunity exists in getting involved in the following SDT-SIG Working Groups:
WG 1.0 Events
WG 2.0 Advocacy & Communications
WG 3.0 Partnerships
WG 4.0 Education & Training
WG 5.0 Standards
WG 6.0 Capacity
Register your interest in joining a Working Group here.
More details will be posted soon.